Welcome

Welcome Note

News, Stories, Entertaiment, Most Amazing

Friday 24 June 2011

Different Battle Dance in the Street and National TV

Hye Readers,

First of all this is just my opinion based on what I know, so there no right and wrong here, it’s all up to how you take my opinion..I write this following several comment on my previous entry about Rokustep (click here) that I get from my blog, FB and several other sources..

This is just want of several to come and I don’t want to put all in at one entry coz u might fell boring when reading. Some of the feedback told me that since in not a dancer so they think I don’t know anything about Street Dance and Bboy lifestyle. Please note that what I say applied to all crew who want to compete at national level.

Before we get to the differences let me feed you what is the quotes on what is Street Dance…

“evolved outside of dance studios in any available open space such as streets, dance parties, block parties, parks, school yards, raves, and nightclubs”,

“examples of street dance include B-boying, more commonly known as breakdancing, which originated in New York City Melbourne Shuffle which originated in Melbourne, Australia and Tectonic which originated in Paris, France” (wikipedia)

Obviously Street Dance doesn’t refer into Bboy only.maybe that the culture here..I don’t know much about Bboy culture in Malaysia. So now let see what the differences are when you dance in the street and competition in front of national TV.

1)    Format,
-As far as I know there is no judge in the street dance. What they have is a Moderator who responsible in controls the competition. The result came from the fans it`s self on which crew there are supporting.
- National TV competition is where they appoint the judge to control the crew that competes. That why the judge have the power to save one crew he think deserve to go to the next round BUT the winner still came from The fans.

2)   Audience
-Street Dance gathers all the people who like to dance, people who like the culture and mostly the youth and some kids maybe. Who knows??
- National TV where all kind of people watch the show. From 10 years old to 50years old people.From Professional profession to not so professional. This happen because they don’t have to go to the venue and they can watch it from home.

3)   Effect After competition.
-When you leave as a winner you will leave a reputation as a popular crew. People will talk about you from time to time
- When you leave the competition you will recognize as a “public Figure” people will talk about you, The TV Company will interview you, The magazine and newspaper will write about you. Personal writer like me will write about you. Some of the kid might make you an idol and many more..

This is some of the differences between taking on the street and taking on the national TV. Actually it make huge different and what I say about before this is not the quality of the performance. It’s more on professionalism.That why I think that professionalism is a big issue on developing any crew to the next level.

I hate to involve other crew coz u might think I’m bias (berat sebelah) on this issue but take HMC for an example. I remember if I not mistaken faroq pull of his member after their routine just to make way to Panic turn.Joe(ECX) put up a statement that they are dance with heart after a comment from a fans who said that Dennis will laugh at this competition coz it’s so easy compared to other competition

Now that what we call professional. I know the nature of the street required aggressive attitude when battling but can't we consider it on national TV. There might be kids watching and we don’t want to influence them with bad attitude from street.

I hope I answered the comment from RKS fans who seem not agree with my opinion.  Do drop me comment (positive or negative) if you wanna add something or mayb some part that I wrong but at least leave me ur name so what I replied I know what to address you. Thank for reading

Regards,
-Strider-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click Here For More Info!!!